Features of FieldsKit
- 8 and 16 bits per channel processing. Floating point image support for After Effects 7.0 and up.
- Multiprocessor support.
- All plugins work an arbitrary resolution (including HD).
- Deinterlacer and Reinterlacer work on both PAL and NTSC footage.
- Options to build better-looking frames by looking at surrounding areas in order to reconstruct better edges.
- Option to deinterlace using motion estimation.
- Ability to only perform deinterlacing where there is motion in the scene (useful for locked-off camera shots).
- Ability to blur in the vertical direction to reduce or eliminate flickering or crawling artifacts.
- Ability to post-sharpen to help regain some of the detail lost when creating the deinterlaced frames.
- Create interlaced material from progressive material using motion estimation.
- Ability to interlace frames from a progressive sequences. This is often useful for applications that do no support interlaced frame display (such as After Effects)
- Ability to combine and blend fields to help reduce artifacts in interlaced material.
- Ability to remove and create pulldown.
- Both traditional 3:2 and 3:2 PA pulldown supported
- Ability to animate the phase of the pulldown menu for material that has multiple cadences in the original material. Note: Final Cut Pro does not support this feature because menus are not animatable within Final Cut Pro.